Thursday, May 7, 2009

Multiple Intelligences in Nokomis

My learning style from the multiple intelligences is mostly musical, and Nokomis doesn't really cater to that learning style a lot. We do have a lot of great music classes and everything, but that doesn't reach out to our other classes that are required, like maths and sciences. It doesn't even reach as far as drama club, where we could do things like musicals. Doing a musical came up as an idea for us to do, but we never went through with it, and that upsets me because doing a musical would have been a great opportunity. I love Drama, it's what I'm doing for my major, and using my learning style of musical learner along with that would have helped me a lot.

I remember back during my Freshman year my English teacher would let us listen to music while we wrote journals, and that was always very helpful. Sometimes teachers let us listen to our iPods, but they never incorporate it into their subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment